2010年12月2日星期四

Spending Christmas with the Family




I'm going to stay with my brother this Christmas. We don't see each other very often at all so choosinggifts for him is problem since I have no notion of what he wants or what he might already have. Tricky.I don't go and see my family very much as they moved out to the country years ago and I never felt much like learning to drive. If there isn't a tube nearby then I don't want to go there! So there they are, out in the back of beyond without any public transport and I've finally buckled under their pressure and I'm going to have Christmas with my family. I'm not looking forward to it really! I have nothing against my family but since they moved I don't see that much so I don't really know them very well. They might be my closest relatives but I hardly know them, what they like, what they hate, thinking of Christmas gift ideas should be a real laugh! Some people buy the best, most obscurebirthday presents that you might never have thought of for yourself. My old girlfriend sent me a kilo of beans once, she lives in America so I think the shipping cost more than $30 when the beans them selves cost 99cents. I've also had a small plasticine dragon for nearly 20 years which I was given and comedy lips made out of cherry scented wax that I believe may be banned in the UK as a major choking hazard.

That's the thing with presents, you can either get somebody just what they want which is brilliant for them but kind of lacks imagination, or you can get them something that they'll really enjoy while being completely left-field which often turns out much more fun. Getting people the opposite of what they'd expect is always fun and might even start a brand new hobby. Your brash and offensive cousin might cradle a deep need for a creative outlet for his rage, why not see if an embroidery set will soothe his raging brow? You never know, do you?



没有评论:

发表评论

Mattress Manufacturers, Memory Foam Mattress and Spring Matt